Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Nail of the Day

  

Essie Ballet Slippers and Mademoiselle are two of my most used nail varnishes and it is a combination I have been loving wearing day to day so far this summer. They look fresh and clean, but still polished and sophisticated. They also go with everything.


These varnishes work like a more up to date french manicure, I prefer wearing a block colour, without the tips but the pretty nude/pink combination would also work well with a white tip. 


I apply two coats of Ballet Slippers and one coat of Mademoiselle. It seems like a bit of a faff to apply two different colours, but Ballet Slippers is quite hard to work with - it can look quite streaky with just one coat. The addition of Mademoiselle, which is a more transparent pale pink, sets off the opaque white-ish nude of Ballet Slippers.




I finish my nails with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. Ever since discovering this top coat a couple of years ago, I have not swayed. It is so shiny, drys so quickly and prolongs the life of the colour before it begins to chip. The only downside is that it goes off quite quickly - because of the quick drying properties it begins to dry up in the bottle after a couple of months or so and becomes hard to work with. But as I use it a few times a week I don't mind repurchasing. It is around £5.00 and often on offer in Boots or Superdrug. 





No comments:

Post a Comment