Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Summer Holiday

I have just got back from an amazing two weeks in Portugal and thought I would share with you guys the all important make up items I took with me. A few of the products are quite new so I've thrown in some of my opinions too...





Eyes: 
UD's Naked Palette-all the shadows I could need! But I couldn't resist also taking Bobbi Brown Crystal Eyes mostly for Peacock-the turquoise colour which I use as liner; this with loads of mascara creates an easy, summery evening eye. 

I bought Maybelline's One by One Volume Express Waterproof mascara just before going away. Normally I hate waterproof mascara, but take it on holiday because of the heat and beach etc, so whilst browsing in Boots I settled on this one. Major fail. The main reason I don't use waterproof is because it is a nightmare to get off - not this one! It pretty much smudged down my face if I did wear it during the day, and of an evening it did that awful bitty fallout onto my cheeks. And lastly, it didn't even add much volume! I will not be repurchasing...


I also chucked in MAC coffee pencil liner and Urban Decay 24/7 liner in a plum colour, and Mac Rubenesque and primer potion for eye shadow bases.




Face:
I didn't bother with foundations; instead I just took a mix of 
concealers that I either mixed with a bit of moisturiser or used just to cover blemishes. I finally jumped on the Collection 2000 bandwagon and bought the Lasting Perfection concealer - and yes the writing on the packaging has all worn off, mostly onto my hands/into my makeup bag...ideal. But the product is fab, v similar to the Lauder's Double Wear concealer. I took my MAC Select Cover-Up concealer in case I hated them but didn't need to use it. If anyone is wondering I bought number 2 light, and number 4 deep so that I could mix as my skin got more tanned, and seriously, if you haven't tried this product yet - go get it! 

I also took my Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and face kit from MAC's last Xmas collection, blusher and bronzer in one makes it handy for travelling. I adore the Peachtwist blush; it is quite shimmery but looks fab with a tan. 



Lips:
Pretty non-existent as I can never be bothered with lipstick on holiday. I took Bobbi Brown pink beige (no21) lipgloss for a nude lip, and then for a touch more colour; Bourjois 3D Effect gloss in 04 which is a glittery pink and Smashbox Heat-a pretty coral colour. I have to admit I got a bit bored of these though, and was glad I had benetint on me for a bit of a change! 


Brushes:


Elf Powder Brush, Chanel face brush, Mac 168, Smashbox liner brush, No.7 eye shadow blend and contour brush, elf blending eye brush (I use it for concealer) and Benefit fluff shadow brush.




....I want to go back already!

Hope you are all having a lovely summer 

x

4 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great holiday! :) I also went to pick up a waterproof mascara before my holiday a few weeks back and picked up a maybelliene one too (the yellow packaging one!) and HATE it! Like you mentioned it didnt stay put and smudged everywhere- disaster! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently got the non-waterproof version of the mascara and quite like it really. Something just seems to go wrong when mascara's are made waterproof! Hope you had a nice holiday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I nominated you for an award here :

    http://frivolousloves.blogspot.com/2011/08/better-late-than-never-awards.html

    Love your blog :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking to get the MAC 168 brush for a while. Would you recommend it for contouring? Worried it might be a little on the large side!

    ReplyDelete