Monday, 4 July 2011

June Favourites

One of my favourite kinds of posts because it is always good to have a product recommended from a months or more trial, right? So here are some of my product best friends from June.

Radox Shower Smoothies, Models Own Blooboo, Urban Decay all nighter, 
Estee Lauder Double wear, Mac Rubenesque, John Freida 3-day straight and Garnier self tan gel.

Estee Lauder, Double Wear Foundation
Probably my all time favourite foundation, mostly because I have annoyingly oily skin and this stuff stays put. I always find myself running home to this foundation when I have attempted to branch out to newer products. In the summer months I generally use it mixed with an oil free moisturiser for a slightly lighter, more natural coverage. I always use ELF’s powder brush from their studio line to apply and at the moment am setting it with Mac’s MSF natural, nothing ground breaking here. Whether it is hot, cold or raining Double Wear stays on all day and for that reason it will remain in my make up bag for a long, long time.

Garnier No-streaks bronzer self tan gel
This is quite a new discovery that came recommended by my mum (always promising!) What is great about this fake tan is how quickly it dries. I normally decide last minute to slap on some colour, so this is good as I can honestly put on my pjs and go to bed five minutes after applying and it doesn’t transfer onto my sheets. The colour develops nicely too, normally two applications over two days gives me the tan I like. I can’t promise anything about the smell though; it does have the usual initial apricot-ish fake smell that turns weirder as it develops!

Urban Decay all nighter
I purchased Urban Decay's Urban Bride gift set after seeing Fleur mention it as I thought it was a great way to try out a couple of the products that I hadn’t used before. The star for me is the makeup setting spray, it is relatively new and I tried it on a few nights out last month. I found that it did help my foundation last longer than it normally does in hot, sweaty clubs (nice!). Normally I have to power a few times during the evening but my skin was definitely less shiny on all occasions. At first it felt weird spraying something wet onto my face having just spent a while doing my makeup-I have never been able to get my head round Fix Plus for this reason. But I braved it and was surprised that it dried in seconds, and I did not have water marks or eye makeup running down my face! I’m not sure how much this helps eye makeup to stay put, but UD’s Primer Potion does that for me anyway. So for now, this gets a big thumbs up!

Radox Shower Smoothies
Very random and quite boring to include a shower gel, but you will understand when you smell it, almost good enough to eat! Enough said.

MAC Rubenesque paint pot

With Satin Taupe (left) and
Sketch (right)
This has been a failsafe eye shadow for me over the last month, particularly because I have been doing work experience in London, so needed something to last all day without creasing, that wasn’t too bold but still pretty. It is really summery and works perfectly on my skin tone with some black gel eyeliner along my upper lash line and mascara. Only takes five minutes in the morning before leaving the house to jump on a boiling hot train and tube...perfect. Can also be glammed up after work, with some sketch or satin taupe eye shadow blended into the crease.

John Freida 3-day Straight
I didn’t realise how awesome this stuff is, or how much I relied on it until I went to stay with a friend for a few days and didn’t bother to take it with me. I generally wash my hair every other day so I can’t vouch for the three day part of this (I reckon if I did leave it this long, by day three my hair would need running over with the straightners again). The most amazing thing about the product is the finish it gives my hair, I spray it when my hair is wet, then rough dry before straightening and overall my hair feels much sleeker and looks shinier. It is also much easier to straighten, and takes less going over with my GHDs, which is great in the long run as it means less straightening and less heat on the poor split ends. 

Models Own Blooboo
June means start of summer and therefore we can get away with crazy bright nail polish. This shade is quite similar to a Barry M one which I think is from their candy collection last year, however this is more vibrant and I think it goes on better, unlike some other Models Own which I have tried (although it definitely needs two coats). With a topcoat of Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri it is amazingly shiny. It is also a perfect toe colour for summer holidays.


And finally...on a different note I highly recommend giving Elissa Franceschi’s new album ‘Into the Light’ a listen. I hotly anticipated the release of this record throughout June and it has not disappointed. Very chilled out and perfect for summer, she is unsigned but very talented. Salt is my fave, recorded with her brother and You Me At Six front man Josh, let me know what you think :)

Hope you have a lovely week

x

5 comments:

  1. I love those Radox shower smoothies - they smell absolutly incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nail colour! Really like your watch too :)

    xoxo

    frivolousloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I love the Radox stuff too. Love the Model's Own colour you have! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog you have! :) keep on with the good work! :)


    http://mirelamededovic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the Models Own nail varnish!xx

    Natilyismad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete