Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Backcomb Loving

I am a huge fan of crazy, big, backcombed hair but I hate hate hate attacking my poor hair with a comb and then having to wash it at the end of the night to avoid waking up with a birds nest. Surely combing upwards, in the wrong direction is bad for our tresses? So I usually just settled for flat-ish hair pretending I was aiming for a sleek look-ha! That was until I discovered this amazing product... 


Umberto Giannini Glam Hair - Backcomb In A Bottle. I picked mine up at Boots for around £5


The only way to demonstrate it is with some really embarrassing photos - I wanted to give you guys a good idea of how it works so please excuse the awkward poses and cheesy grins! 

Firstly I start with incredibly flat looking, just washed hair.Then I use my GHDs to straigten my hair and then curl it under as I get towards the bottom third. The waves give it a bit more movement and add to the volume. Then I spray individual sections with Backcomb In A Bottle. 


Next I tip my head upside down and massage it into the roots, in the final picture here I have messed up my parting and set it with good old Elnett hairspray. 


The product stays in pretty well, but I do use quite a lot of hairspray. It is also easy to scrunch the hair during the day to add more volume and the product that is already in the hair tends to hold it. It is quite versatile - I even use this when tying my hair up as it gives it more of a messy look. Best of all it is easy to brush and wash out, fabulous not waking up looking like Russell Brand after a night out ;)

x

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for following :) I really want to try this, you're really pretty!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god! Your hair looks absolutely amazing with this in it! I've never tried it because my hair is fairly short (shoulder length) and I don't feel like it's really long enough to backcomb but as soon as it gets longer I'm definitely going to give this a go :)

    Gem x
    www.twinklebug.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really interesting, I have been looking for a new shampoo and conditioner. My hair is very thick which is great, but I like to play up on that as much as possible with lots of volume. But, like you, I refuse to back comb my hair!

    I adore your blog by the way. You are so pretty and I am definitly going to come back to read more of your posts. I wish you lots of luck with it, although I am sure you do not need it!

    All the best,
    Voe.
    ________________________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been using this recently too, its really good!

    youhaveaheartofstone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lianne your welcome, your blogs great! x

    @Gem yea definitely try some! it may even work better and last longer in shorter hair like yours because your hair wont weigh it down. Have fun trying! x

    @Voe thank you so much, its lovely to hear something so nice having just started out :)
    Definitely give this a go - let me know how you get on! My hair is really thick too, but I think thats part of my problem because its so heavy it makes my roots flat. I use Aussies everyday cleansing shampoo and conditioner because it gets all the products I use out-and so it does't weigh my hair down anymore. hope this helps! xxx

    @kenzie glad you like it too, I might venture onto some of the other products from the range as this is so good. thanks for reading! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol...not waking up looking like Russell Brand is my daily morning routine :-). Thank you for letting me know this awesome product. I have very straight hair so I'm always looking for something that will make my hair have more volume! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate having messy hair, but I do like it on other people. You look great with wavy hair and I love the length of your hair.

    ReplyDelete